The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
One pot pasta with chicken, sundried tomatoes and edamame beans
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 450 gramschicken fillet
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 100 gramssundried tomatoes in oil
- 150 gramsedamame beans
- 500 mlwater
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 250 gramswholewheat pasta
- 0.5 bunchfresh basil
- 200 gramsspiced cream cheese
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We love a one pot pasta! They're super easy to make, as everything just goes into a single pot and hangs out on the stove for about 15 minutes. Here's a version with chicken, sundried tomatoes and edamame beans mixed with spiced cream cheese. Enjoy!
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Remember to wash hands and utensils afterwards.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel carrots and grate on the coarse side of a grater. Cut up the sundried tomatoes.
3. Add all ingredients to a large pot – except for the cream cheese. Bring the lot to the boil and remember to gently stir all the way to the bottom, to prevent anything sticking.
4. Pop a lid on, lower the heat a bit and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the pasta is cooked. Stir here and there, so nothing burns. Finally, stir in spiced cream cheese, heat thoroughly, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the dish in deep plates and garnish with some basil or other herbs on top, if you have some to hand. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel and grate carrots. They can also help add the ingredients to the pot.