The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
One pot pasta with chicken mince and bacon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 onion
- 1 courgette
- 4 tomato
- 500 gramsmushrooms
- fresh thymeor dried
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- 400 gramschicken mince
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 400 gramswholewheat spaghetti
- 1 literwater
About the recipe
One pot pasta is a total favourite in our house. Everything is cooked in the same pot, you can always smuggle in some extra veg, and the kids love it. Here we've made the one pot pasta with chicken mince, bacon - and of course a nice handful of veg. The recipe is designed for two days. Enjoy!
1. Chop the onion. Rinse the courgette and roughly grate it. Rinse and dice the tomatoes. Clean and rinse the mushrooms and quarter them. Rinse the thyme and set the lot aside.
2. Cut the bacon into smaller pieces and sautée with the chicken in a large pot. Season with salt and pepper. When the meat has gotten a bit of a sear, add all the other ingredients and bring the lot to the boil. Remember to gently stir, to keep the bottom from sticking.
3. Leave the spaghetti sticking out of the pot to start with, until it softens enough that you can push it all the way in. Pop the lid on, turn the heat down a bit, and let everything simmer for about 15 minutes, until the pasta is cooked.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve in pasta bowls - garnish with a herb sprinkling if you fancy. Do avoid herb sprinkles for kids younger than 3.
Remember to save the leftovers for a quick dinner tomorrow.