The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Omelette with potatoes, ham and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramscooked potatoes
- 1 onion
- 200 gramsham strips
- 8 egg
- 1 tspbaking powder
- 100 mlmilk
- 0.5 tbspfresh or dried thyme
- 30 gramspine nuts- or sunflower seeds
- 4 slicerye bread
- 2 tomato
- 0.5 cucumber
- lettuce of your choice
- 50 gramsred pesto
- olive oil
- dressing of your choice
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A lovely and easy round of dinner on the menu tonight: Spanish-inspired omelette with potatoes and ham, topped with pesto and served with a salad and toasted rye bread. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 185 degrees convection.
2. Rinse and cut up the potatoes. Finely dice the onion.
3. Cook onion and ham on a pan in some olive oil and add the potatoes. Continue to cook while stirring, until everything has gotten a bit of colour.
4. Beat eggs, baking powder, milk, thyme, salt and some pepper in a bowl. Pour the egg mix over the filling already in the pan.
5. Pop a lid on the pan, or cover it with tin foil, and let it cook over low heat. You can also pop the pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes and bake the omelette, until it's set all the way through.
6. Roast pine nuts or sunflower seeds on a dry pan until beautifully golden. Leave to cool on a plate and toast the rye bread.
7. Rinse tomatoes and cucumber and cut into bite-sized pieces. Cut the lettuce into thin strips and mix everything.
8. Serve the omelette topped with a dash of pesto and the green salad, dressing of your choice and toasted rye bread on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up the potatoes. They can also cut tomatoes and cucumber.