The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Nuggets with cornflakes and root veg chips
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 celeriac*
- 600 gramscarrots*
- 200 gramscornflakes
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 100 mlmayonnaise
- baking parchment
- olive oil
- dried oregano
- sweet chilli sauce
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Making your own nuggets isn't hard at all - and the kids LOVE this version, breaded with cornflakes. We've served them with tasty celeriac and carrots chips, mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection.
2. Peel the celeriac and carrots and cut them into chip-shaped sticks. Place on a baking tray with baking parchment. Drizzle with a nice dash of olive oil and oregano, coat well and bake for approx. 30 minutes, until crispy and golden. Remember to flip them halfway through.
3. Place cornflakes in a bag and run a rolling pin or glass bottle over it. Or pop into a bowl and crush with your hands. Mix salt and pepper into the cornflakes and place on a flat plate. Cut the fillets into chunks and first coat in mayonnaise, so all pieces are evenly coated. Now coat with the crushed cornflakes.
4. Cook the nuggets on a pan in olive oil until golden and cooked through. Remember to wash your hands and utensils afterwards. Make sure you flip the nuggets carefully so the coating doesn't come off.
5. Serve the yummy chips with nuggets, sweet chilli sauce, mayo or other dip, if you have some handy.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids crush the cornflakes in a bag or bowl - it's so fun! They can also cut the celeriac into sticks. Just pick out a childproof kitchen knife.