The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Noodle soup with chicken and coconut
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 150 gramswholewheat noodles
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 0.5 broccoli
- 1 lemongrass
- 250 gramschicken fillet
- 2 tbspoyster sauce
- 2 tbspfish sauce
- 1 tbspred curry paste
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 500 mlwater
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 1 lime
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A tasty noodle soup with lots of veg. Once the veggies and chicken are washed and chopped, dinner is ready in a flash. Enjoy!
1. Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to sit while you prep the rest.
2. Wash the veg. Chop the carrots into bite-sized, diagonal chunks, halve the mushrooms and split the broccoli into florets. Remove the tops and bottoms of the lemongrass and remove the outer leaf. Flatten with the back of a kitchen knife and cut into 4-5 pieces. You want them big enough to find them once the dish is ready - lemongrass should just add flavour, not be eaten. Pop everything to the side.
3. Cut the chicken into thin strips. Remember to wash hands and utensils. Flash fry the chicken in a wok or deep pan along with half of the oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper and take the chicken off the pan and set aside.
4. Flash fry the veg (except the lemongrass) with the fish sauce and the rest of the oyster sauce. Cook for 2-5 minutes, until tender but still with some bite. Take off the pan and set aside.
5. Now flash fry half of the curry paste (you can always add more later) and lemongrass on the pan while stirring, for approx. 1 minute. Add coconut milk, water and stock cube and bring to the boil. Drain the noodles and cover with cold water. Leave to drip off in a sieve. When the soup is boiling, add veggies, chicken and noodles and warm the lot. Taste, and add a bit more curry paste, fish/oyster sauce and a bit of lime juice if needed.
6. Serve in big bowls and garnish with sesame seeds and basil or other herbs on top - if you're feeling fancy. Enjoy!