The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Mexican meatballs with guacamole and rice salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice- or bulgur
- 1 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 400 gramschicken mince
- 1 egg
- 50 mlmilk
- 1.5 tbspplain flour
- 0.5 tbspcumin
- 0.5 tbspground coriander
- 2 avocado
- 100 mlcreme fraiche
- 4 wholewheat tortillas
- 3 tomato
- 1 tinkidney beans
- 250 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 100 gramsfeta cubes
- olive oil
About the recipe
The tastiest Mexican meatballs (or "frikadeller", as we call them in Denmark) served with rice salad, guacamole and crunchy tortillas. Enjoy!
1. Cook rice or bulgur according to the packet. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Chop onion and half of the garlic in a mini chopper or food processor. The rest of the garlic will be used for the guacamole. Mix into the chicken mince, egg, milk, plain flour, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Mix everything well, until you have a firm farce. Add a bit more flour, if the farce is too wet. If you're not sure of the seasoning, you can cook a little test-ball on the pan to check.
3. Cook the meatballs in a mix of butter and olive oil until golden. While the meatballs are cosying up on the pan, you can get started on the guacamole.
4. Mash the avocados in a bowl with a fork and mix with pressed garlic and creme fraiche. Season to taste with salt and a dash of lime juice.
5. Cut tortillas into smaller pieces and warm in the oven until crunchy - this takes about 10 minutes.
6. Rinse and dice the tomatoes. Mix the rice or bulgur with kidney beans, sweetcorn, crumbled feta and tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Serve the meatballs with rice salad, guacamole and crunchy tortillas.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids mash the avocado with a fork. They can also dice the tomatoes with a safe knife.