The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Meatloaf with serrano ham, potatoes and carrot salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 100 mlmilk
- 500 gramsveal and pork mince
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 egg
- 50 gramsoats
- 100 gramsserrano ham
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 50 gramssunflower seeds*
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 2 apples
- 0.5 lemon
- 150 gramsgarlic mayo
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Meatloaf is so yummy! Here we've swapped the bacon for lean serrano ham and served it with roast potatoes, garlic mayo and carrot salad on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection.
2. Peel the onion and blend it all finely in a mini chopper or food processor along with a small bit of milk.
3. Mix a farce from the mince, onion, milk, salt, egg, oats and a dash of pepper. We suggest cooking a little tester-ball on a pan and taste it.
4. Oil a baking tray with some olive oil and shape an oblong meatloaf from the farce in the tray. Coat the meatloaf with the serrano ham so it covers the farce completely. You can halve the slices or tuck them under the loaf if needed. Pop the loaf in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Scrub or peel the potatoes and place on a baking tray with baking parchment. Mix with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper and bake in the oven along with the meatloaf.
6. Meanwhile roast the sunflower seeds on a dry pan and leave to cool on a plate. Peel the carrots and grate on the coarse side of a grater. Rinse and dice the apples. Mix everything, drizzle with some lemon juice and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top.
7. Serve the meatloaf with roast potatoes, carrot salad and garlic mayo or other dressing as dip.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help coat the farce with serrano ham. They can also slice the apples with a child-safe knife.