The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Meatballs with potato walls
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 800 gramspotatoes
- 75 gramscarrots*
- 1 onion
- 450 gramschicken mince
- 2 tspsalt
- 1 egg
- 50 mlmilk
- 2 tbspplain flour
- 150 gramsgrated cheese
- lettuce of your choice
- 0.5 cucumber
- 2 makrel i tomat
- 100 gramsfeta cubes
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This dish is pretty clever - and tasty! Really it's just classic meatballs, separated by potato slices and topped with grated cheese. We've served a fresh and easy salad on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into slices about 1 cm thick. Set aside for later.
3. Grate the carrots on the fine side of a grater and finely chop the onion. Mix the mince with salt in a bowl, then stir in carrots, onion and egg. Add milk and flour and stir until your farce has the consistency of thick porridge. If it's too thin and runny, add a bit more milk.
4. Oil an oven dish with olive oil. Shape meatballs from the farce and place in the dish, separated by potato slices. Top with grated cheese. If you have potatoes left over, drizzle them with oil and bake crispy on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
5. Bake meatballs and potatoes for about 30 minutes, until the farce is cooked through.
6. Rinse lettuce, cucumber and tomato and cut into bite-sized chunks. Mix with feta and top with dressing of your choice.
7. Serve meatballs and potatoes with salad on the side - and enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel the carrots. They can also fix the salad: Rinse and cut tomato and cucumber and mix with feta and rinsed lettuce.