The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Mac and cheese with ham and snack veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 gramsmacaroni- or other pasta
- 300 gramsham strips`
- 20 gramsbutter
- 2 tbspplain flour
- 200 mlmilk
- 200 gramsgrated cheddar
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 1 tspsalt
- 100 mlbreadcrumbs
- 100 gramscherry tomatoes
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Mac and cheese is a true American classic - and a sinful one at that! But once in a while, there has to be a place for white pasta and plenty of cheese. And well, that's today! Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection and cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Cook the ham in a dash of olive oil on a pan, until cooked through.
3. Melt butter in a pot and add flour. Whisk well and quickly add half of the milk while stirring continuously. Add the rest of the flour, and whisk well again. Add the rest of the milk and - you guessed it - whisk some more. Then add grated cheese, ham, oregano, salt and and a bit of pepper.
4. Mix the pasta and cheesy sauce together, and pop into a baking tray. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and chuck this treat in the oven for about 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, rinse the cherry tomatoes, peel the carrots and rinse the cucumber. Cut the lot into sticks for snack veggies.
6. Serve the yummy mac and cheese with snack veggies - yum!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rinse and cut the snack veggies.