The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Flash fried beef with veg and curry
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion- ideally red onion
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 150 gramscarrots*
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tbspsoya
- 2 tbspfish sauce
- 2 tbspcornflour
- 1 lime
- 300 gramsbeef strips- or steaks
- 300 mlwater
- 1 tbspcurry
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super quick recipe for flash fried beef with plenty of veggies, cut into large enough bits that the less vegetable-trained among us can fish for what they like the best. You can use other veg like broccoli, bamboo shoots, and beans - or whatever you have in!
1. Boil the rice following directions on the packet.
2. Now prep the veggies. Split the onion into its layers. Thoroughly wash the cauliflower and split into florets. Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into bite-sized chunks. Clean and wash the mushrooms and quarter them. Wash the bell peppers, remove the seeds and roughly dice.
3. Whisk soya, fish sauce, cornflour and lime juice in a bowl. Cut the meat into strips if it's not already. Mix with the soya mixture and leave to sit.
4. Heat up a wok or deep pan with a good dash of olive oil. Flash fry the veg in batches and then pop them aside on plates. Be careful not to overcook them - you want them to have a bit of crunch still.
5. Once you've flash fried all your veg, put a bit more oil on the wok or pan, and flash fry the beef on high heat. Add the veg and water and quickly heat. Stir the curry out into a cup of water and slowly add to the sauce while tasting continuously, so it gets the exact level of spice you like.
6. Finally add more soya, lime and fish sauce to taste, if you like, and serve with piping hot rice.
It'll usually be cheaper to buy a steak or two and cut it into strips rather than buying it pre-sliced. It will usually be more tender this way as well. We've used Lidls dinner steaks here - but you can use whatever you want!