The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Lettuce tacos with con carne
- chilli con carne
- 2 mini romaine lettuce- or heart lettuce
- 2 tomato
- 2 stickcelery*
- 0.5 cucumber
- 50 gramsgrated low-fat cheese
- taco sauce
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
If you have chilli con carne or other meat sauce left over, try this different and slightly healthier alternative to regular taco shells. And then you can make a bet to see, who in the family can eat a whole lettuce taco with their hands without it breaking! Enjoy!
1. Heat up your con carne - in a pot or the microwave.
2. Separate the lettuce leaves, rinse them, and lop off the bottoms if needed. Wash tomatoes, celery and cucumber and finely dice everything.
3. Pop the veggies on the table in little bowls and let the family assemble their own lettuce tacos! Top with ketchup or taco sauce and open wide!
You can absolutely buy grated cheese at the supermarket, but it's much cheaper to buy a solid piece of cheese and grate it at home, cut into cheese sticks for the kids' lunch, and cut a few slices off for a nice afternoon toastie. And you'll know exactly what's in it - cheese, and not all kinds of other things. Absolutely any veggies you like - raw onion, for example, make a super tasty topping finely diced. But that might be more popular with the grownups - at least those not planning to do any kissing right after dinner!