The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Lentil and cauliflower soup with coconut milk and apples
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 200 gramsgreen lentils
- 1 onion
- 2 apples
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 2 tspred curry paste
- 600 mlwater
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 1 wholewheat baguette
- acacia honey*
- 100 gramspeanuts
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This creamy soup is super tasty, and don't be afraid of the green lentils and cauliflower. We've given it a dash of apple and curry, which makes it a bit more scrumptious and child-friendly. The soup is served with a baguette and is topped with chopped apple and peanuts. By the way, you can absolutely use red lentils rather than green, if you can't find the green kind in the supermarket. Enjoy!
1. Rinse the lentils thoroughly in a sieve.
2. Dice the onion and cook in olive oil in a pot. Peel the apples, remove the cores and wash the cauliflower. Cut both into smaller pieces and add to the onion along with red curry paste, while stirring well. Save a few bits of apple for garnish.
3. Add green lentils, water, coconut milk and crumbled vegetable stock cube. Bring the soup to the boil and let simmer with the lid on for about 25 minutes, until the lentils are tender.
4. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection and warm the baguette.
5. Blend the soup completely smooth with a hand blender or in a regular blender. Do remember to never fill the blender more than halfway, as hot liquids can "explode" when blended. We suggest putting a dishtowel over the blender rather than the lid.
6. Season the soup to taste with some honey, salt and pepper.
7. Serve the warm soup with the baguette, and topped with chopped peanuts and apple.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids cut the cauliflower into little florets and the apples into smaller pieces.If you have sweet chilli sauce in the cupboard, it tastes great as a topping on the soup!