The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Lasagne with beef and plenty of veg
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 courgette
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 800 gramsbeef mince
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 100 gramsred pesto
- 500 mlmornay sauce
- wholewheat lasagne sheets
- 1 ballmozzarella
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Snack veggies
- 150 gramsfresh peas- or frozen
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We LOVE lasagne! And here we've made another super tasty version - with hidden courgette, carrots and bell peppers. Our kids love it, and they can eat LOADS of portions. So remember, that the recipe is for two days, so we're saving half for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Finely chop the onion. Rinse and finely dice the bell pepper. Rinse the courgette, peel the carrots and grate both on the rough side of a grater - or in a food processor.
3. Sautée the onion for a couple of minutes in some olive oil in a deep pan or pot, until slightly browned. Add the beef and cook until seared well on all sides. Add paprika and oregano. Add courgette, bell peppers and carrots and cook for another few minutes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and pesto and let everything simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Spread the bolognese and mornay sauce in a baking tray in at least three layers with lasagne sheets between them. Start and finish with a layer of sauce. Spread the mozzarella on top and bake the lasagne for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.
6. Sprinkle the lasagne with some herbs if you have some handy, and serve with fresh or cooked frozen peas, carrots, cucumber or other veggies for snack veggies.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel carrots and cut the snack veggies. They can also help taste the bolognese, and place lasagne sheets in the tray.