The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Juicy chicken burgers with guacamole
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 0.5 onion
- 1 egg
- 25 gramsfeta cubes
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 400 gramschicken mince
- 50 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 1 tspsalt
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- lettuce of your choice
- 4 tomato
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 onion
- 6 wholegrain burger buns
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This is a great alternative to the classic beef burger. Delicious chicken burgers topped with lots of greens and guacamole. Enjoy!
1. Very finely dice the onion, or blitz it in a food processor. Mix onions, egg, crumbled feta, dried oregano, chicken mince, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl until you have a pliable but firm mixture. Pop the mixture in the fridge while you sort the rest.
2. Fry the bacon on a dry pan. Let it drip off on a bit of kitchen roll. Don't wipe the pan - you'll need the fat for more frying in a minute!
3. Wash the lettuce and tear into smaller chunks. Rinse tomatoes and cucumber and slice both. If the family likes onions, chop some onion rings as well. Pop everything on the table in little bowls along with the guacamole.
4. Wet your hands and start shaping your patties. Be aware that this will be a bit more "alive" than when you're making regular beef patties. Don't forget to wash your hands and kitchen utensils when you're done.
5. Now cook your patties in the bacon fat. Feel free to add more oil, butter or fat if there's not enough left from the bacon. Carefully flip the patties with a spatula when they're about halfway done.
6. Toast the burger buns and let the whole family construct their very own favourite burger.
We've figured two burgers per grown-up and one per child. Remember to adjust your shopping list if your lot is more or less hungry.