The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Jesper Buchs famous sausage pasta
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 250 gramswholewheat fusilli pasta
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 100 gramschorizo- or other sausage
- 5 hot dog sausages
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 140 gramstomato purée
- 300 mlpasta water
- 200 mlsingle cream
- olive oil
- Snack veggies
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 yellow bell pepper
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
You might know Jesper Buch as the founder of Just Eat, or as one of the dragons on the Danish Dragon's Den. But Jesper is also an excellent cook! He has graciously allowed us to reproduce his famous sausage pasta, and while it might not qualify for any health awards, it tastes bloody amazing. Your kids will love it - ours do!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet. Remember to save the pasta water!
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Finely dice the chorizo and hot dogs into bite sized chunks.
3. Sautée onion and garlic in some olive oil or butter in a deep pan or pot. Add chorizo and cook for another couple of minutes. Add hot dogs, oregano, tomato purée and pasta water and let the lot cook until everything is warm. Finally, add pasta and cream and mix everything well. Season with salt and pepper, and if needed, another dash or two of cream.
4. Peel the carrots, wash the bell pepper and remove the seeds. Cut both into sticks for snack veggies, and serve with the brilliant sausage pasta. And munch away - you'll be going back for seconds!
If it's up to Jesper, you'll swap the single cream for double or even whipping cream, and use a good bit more than what's in this recipe. Just as Jesper maintains that the original version calls for bacon. It's up to you, and we promise not to tell, whatever way you go!