The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Indian turkey pot with chickpeas and spinach - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 cauliflower
- 800 gramsturkey fillet- or chicken
- 1.5 tbspred curry paste
- 1 tbspground coriander
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 300 gramsfrozen spinach*
- 1 tinchickpeas
- 100 mlwater
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 100 mlcreme fraiche- or skyr
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We'd be shy to call this one a curry, as we reckon it's more European than Indian - but easy and delicious, it certainly is! And hey, it's always nice to feel a bit exotic, isn't it? Anyway, it's filled to the brim with turkey, cauliflower, chickpeas, spinach and coconut milk - and we're serving this absolute treat with rice and creme fraiche. The recipe is designed for two days, so remember to save the rest for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse the cauliflower and split into small florets. Cut the turkey or chicken into smaller bits. Remember to wash your hands and utensils after handling raw meat.
3. Sautée onion and garlic in a pot with curry paste and ground coriander for a minute or two while stirring. Add turkey or chicken and continue cooking until seared on all sides.
4. Add coconut milk and spinach. Drain the chickpeas and add them along with cauliflower, water and stock cube and get it warm throughout - but let the veggies keep some of their crunch.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve with piping hot rice and a dollop of creme fraiche or skyr on top.
Tasks for kids in the family: Let your kids help split the cauliflower into florets. It's also a good idea to let them help taste and season the sauce.