The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Indian curry with chicken and chickpeas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 50 gramscashews- or other nuts
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 canchick peas
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 2 tspcurry
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 2 tspcumin
- 2 tbspfish sauce
- 1 cubechicken stock
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chickpeas don't get much use outside of hummus and children's nightmares in most homes. But they are absolutely wonderful in stews and stir frys. Here we've used them in a lovely Indian-inspired dish with chicken, curry and veggies. Served with piping hot rice. Enjoy!
1. Boil the rice following directions on the packet. Roast the nuts on a dry pan and set aside.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Peel the carrots, wash the bell pepper and cut both into bite-sized chunks. Rinse the chick peas and put the lot aside. Butterfly the chicken fillets, and cut them into thin strips. Remember to wash your hands and utensils after.
3. Sautée onion, garlic and curry with a bit of olive oil in a wok, deep pan or pot. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, cumin, fish sauce and chicken stock and bring up the heat.
4. Add the chick peas and finally the veggies. Bring to the boil and taste. Add a bit more fish sauce or stock if needed - and maybe a dash of honey if you fancy, and have any to hand. Be careful not to let the dish simmer for too long once the veggies are in - you want them to still have a bit of bite to them. Just keep in mind that the chicken needs to be completely cooked through.
5. Serve with piping hot rice and some roasted nuts. Garnish with a bit of herbs if you have some to hand.