The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Homemade nuggets with potatoes and sweet onions
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 700 gramspotatoes
- 500 gramscarrots*
- 3 onion
- 100 gramsplain flour
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 350 gramschicken mini fillets
- oil for frying
- 0.5 cucumber
- 15 radish
- olive oil
- sweet chilli sauce
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Homemade nuggets are SO tasty, and they're not hard to make at all. We're serving these with potatoes, carrots and baked sweet onions - and a bit of snack veggies and chilli sauce on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degreen convection. Wash the potatoes, peel carrots well, then cut both into wedges or slices. Peel and halve the onions.
2. Coat potatoes and carrots in a dash of oil on an oven tray lined with baking parchment. If you have paprika or all purpose seasoning to hand, that's perfect seasoning. Bake for about 35 minutes, until crispy and golden - remember to turn about halfway through cooking. Place the onion in an oven dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
3. Mix flour, salt and pepper in a deep plate. Add breadcrumbs to a separate plate, and beat the egg in a third plate. Cut the chicken mini fillets into chunks, coat each chunk in flour and brush off the excess. Then coat the chicken in egg, followed by breadcrumbs. Remember to wash your hands!
4. Heat the oil in a pot or deep pan. You can check if the oil is hot enough by poking the end of a matchstick (the end without sulfur!) into the oil. If it sizzles, it's hot enough. Fry the chicken nuggets until golden - remember to flip them. Let drip off on some kitchen roll.
5. Rinse cucumber and cut into sticks. Rinse the radishes.
6. Serve the tasty nuggets with baked potatoes and carrots, onions, snack veggies and sweet chilli sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids slice potatoes and carrots. They can also bread the chicken, and prep cucumber and radishes.