The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Homemade garlic baguette
( 1 )
- 0.25 bunchparsley
- 50 gramsbutter- soft
- 1 clovegarlic
- 0.5 lemon- preferably organic
- 1 wholewheat baguette
About the recipe
The classic garlic baguette is just shamelessly delicious, even though the bread is usually of the very white and very not healthy variety. Here we've upgraded the classic version from the supermarket cooler with a nice wholewheat baguette - still chock full of delicious garlic-parsley butter!
1. Preheat your oven to 185 degrees convection.
2. Rinse the parsley and blend well with butter, garlic, and - if you're using organic lemon - lemon zest in a mini chopper. If you don't have a gadget to hand, just finely chop parsley and garlic and stir it well with lemon zest and butter using a spoon.
3. Slice pockets across the baguette with a breadknife. You want the pockets to go about 3/4ths of the way through the baguette. Carefully spread the pockets and fill with the butter mix.
4. Bake the baguette for approx. 10 minutes, or until the butter has melted and the baguette is crispy.
Garlic bread is the absolutely perfect side for barbecues in summer - or for our delicious best lasagne in the world, with aubergine, carrots and spinach. You can cook the baguette on the grill too - just use indirect heat.