The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Homemade farce for fishcakes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 0.5 bunchchives
- 400 gramscod fillet
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tbspplain flour- or oats
- 75 gramscarrots*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Danish fishcakes differ a bit from the ones you find in the UK, but they're delicious and super quick and easy to make - and then it's completely up to you what goes in. Here we've used cod, but you can use other types of white fish - and salmon. Enjoy!
1. Finely chop the chives and set aside.
2. Give cod fillet and salt a quick whirl in a food processor, until you have a coarse farce. If you don't have a food processor, just chop up the fish with your best and sharpest knife.
3. Add onion, egg, plain flour and a bit of cracked pepper, and give the farce another go in the food processor. Finely grate the carrots and stir into the farce along with chives. Now cook a little test-cake on the pan, so you can be sure the seasoning is to your liking.
4. Dip a spoon in a cup of water and shape some nice fishcaes with the spoon and the palm of your hand. Cook in a mix of butter and olive oil on a pan, until they have a lovely golden and crisp surface. Remember to flip them frequently, so they don't go black.