The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Holms pan pizza with parma ham and beets
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 200 gramsfresh beets*
- 0.5 lemon
- 500 gramspizza dough
- 1 ballmozzarella
- 8 tbsptomato sauce
- 200 gramsparma hamor serrano
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- olive oil
- baking parchment
About the recipe
Here at Mambeno, we LOVE Danish chef Claus Holm - so much so, that we've convinced him to create a series of easy and family friendly recipes specifically for Mambeno. Here is Holms tasty pan pizza with parma ham and grated beets. When the pizza is cooked in a pan, it gets an extra delicious flavour and a gorgeous crisp crust. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees non-convection, or to the lowest grill setting.
2. Peel the beets, grate on a grater, dress with some lemon juice and set aside.
3. Roll out the pizza dough to round pizza bases, to suit the size of your best and biggest teflon pan.
4. Drizzle a bit of oil on the pan, and carefully place the rolled out pizza dough on it. Let it cook for a few minutes on one side, until slightly browned. Flip it and cook the other side as well, until beautifully golden.
5. Ladle tomato sauce onto the pizza base - avoid the outermost two centimetres. Top with parma ham and mozzarella in small pieces, and place the pizza on a baking tray covered with baking parchment. Give it a quick go in the oven, until the cheese is slightly melted - in the meantime, make the next pizza.
6. Take the pizza out of the oven and top with grated beets, and optionally some herbs on top, if you have some to hand. Do avoid herb sprinkles for children younger than 3.
7. Repeat until there's no more dough left, and serve the pizzas with peeled carrots and rinsed cucumber cut into sticks for snack veggies.