The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Homemade nuggets with Greek salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 700 gramspotatoes
- 1 tbspall purpose seasoning
- 100 gramsplain flour
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 400 gramschicken mini fillets
- oil for frying
- 0.5 cucumber
- 3 tomato
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- 1 jarblack olives
- olive oil
- sweet chilli sauce
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It's super easy to make your own nuggets. They're much nicer than the ones you can buy, and you know what's gone into them! This recipe has potatoes and Greek salad on the side, but you can serve them with absolutely whatever you like best. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection. Thoroughly wash the potatoes and cut into wedges. Pop the wedges in a bowl and rinse well with a water a few times. This removes some of the starch and makes them extra soft and yummy on the inside.
2. Dry the potatoes in a clean dishtowel and pop on a baking tray with baking parchment. Mix with a nice drizzle of olive oil and all purpose seasoning and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until crispy and golden.Remember to flip the potatoes about halfway through.
3. Mix the flour with salt and pepper in a deep plate. Pour the breadcrumbs onto a separate plate and beat the egg in a third deep plate. Cut the mini fillets into bite-sized chunks, and start by coating them in the flour, dusting off the excess. Then coat the chicken pieces in the egg, followed by the breadcrumbs. Remember to wash your hands!
4. Heat up the oil in a pot or deep pan. You can check if the oil is hot enough by placing the back end of a match (the one without sulphur!) into the oil. If it sizzles, it's hot enough. Cook the chicken bits until golden - remembering to flip them as they cook. Leave to drip off on some kitchen roll.
5. Halve the cucumber and remove the seeds in the centre. Slice the cucumber and roughly dice the tomato. Mix with the drained feta and olives. Optionally, drizzle with some olive oil, and sprinkle some oregano on top, if you have some to hand. Serve the tasty nuggets with potatoes, Greek salad and sweet chilli sauce. Yum - and enjoy!