The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- semolina flour
- 500 gramspizza dough
- 8 tbsptomato sauce
- 6 slicecooked ham
- 0.5 cansliced pineapple- or fresh
- 1 ballmozzarella
- olive oil
- 0.5 cucumber
- 300 gramscarrots*
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This pizza is a menu favourite with lots and lots of kids. It's dead easy to make yourself, so haul the kids into the kitchen with you and bake your own pizzas. It's such a nice time - and with delicious results! Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees non-convection with a baking tray on the bottom shelf. If you have a pizza stone, pop that into the cold oven before switching it on.
2. Sprinkle semolina on a clean tabletop and roll out your pizza dough with a rolling pin, to about 30 cm in diameter. Be careful not to roll them too thick!
3. Note: If you don't have a pizza peel to move your pizzas to the oven, move your pizza bases to a sheet of baking parchment now, before you add the sauce.
4. Spread the sauce onto the bases. Leave off the sauce from the outermost centimeter of the bases. Rip up the ham, dice the pineapple and spread both across your pizzas. Rip the mozzarella into small bits and spread over the top of the ham and pineapple.
5. Move the pizzas to the oven with a pizza peel, or slide a cutting board underneath the baking parchment and move to the baking tray. Bake the pizzas for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is golden and crust crispy. Drizzle with olive oil to finish, and garnish with fresh basil or other herbs, if you have some.
6. Wash the cucumber, peel the carrots and cut both into sticks for snack veggies to serve with the pizzas.
7. Enjoy - the kids are guaranteed to finish their plates.
For two adults and two kids this recipe will make two pizzas. If you're working with different numbers, a good key is 200-225 grams of pizza dough per pizza. If you have leftover pineapple, it's a perfect topping for breakfast skyr, or as part of a quick fruit salad with apples, bananas, and whatever else you have knocking about!