The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Hawaii-chicken with pineapple and rice - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 3 leek
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 1 tbspcurry
- 800 mlcoconut milk
- 2 cubechicken stock
- 200 mlwater
- 2 cmfresh ginger
- 800 gramschicken mini fillets
- 340 gramspineapple slices
- 100 gramspeanuts
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It really is delicious, this Hawaii-chicken - even in Bournemouth or Bristol! We're serving it in a casserole tin with pineapple, rice, chopped peanuts and the yummiest curry sauce with coconut. The recipe is designed for two days, so remember to save the rest for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet and preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Meanwhile, start prepping the veggies. Thoroughly clean and rinse the leeks and slice them. Clean and quarter the mushrooms. Cook both in some olive oil in a pot along with curry.
3. Add coconut milk, crumbled stock cube, water and grated ginger. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the sauce into a large casserole tin or baking tray - or two smaller trays, so you have a tray for tomorrow. Place the chicken fillets in the tray and pop the pineapple slices on top. If you're in a rush, you can halve the chicken fillets to cook them faster.
5. Pop the tray in the oven and bake the fillets for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Finely chop the peanuts in a mini chopper or with a sharp knife.
7. Serve the yummy Hawaii-chicken with rice and chopped peanuts on top. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help clean and quarter the mushrooms. They can also top the chicken fillets with pineapple. Remember good kitchen hygiene, when you and the kids handle raw meat.