The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Ham filo parcels with easy salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 rollfilo pastry
- 300 gramsham strips
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100 gramsspiced cream cheese
- 1 bunchchives
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- lettuce of your choice
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 100 gramsolives
- dressing of your choice
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
The ham filo parcel has lived in quiet retirement since its heyday in the 80's, but we're bringing it back today - because it's delicious! These little parcels are perfect for the kids' packed lunches, so remember to save a few. We're serving the ham parcels with an easy salad of tomatoes, olives and avocado (or whatever you might have to hand). Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Unpack the filo pastry and give it a roll with your rolling pin, to thin it out a bit. Cut out the pastry to make a total of eight rectangular pieces, about 8 by 16 cm each.
3. Chop the ham into smaller pieces. Rinse and finely dice the bell pepper. Mix the ham with spiced cream cheese, chopped chives, oregano and bell pepper.
4. Spread the ham filling onto one half of the filo pastry pieces, but leave the outermost centimetre free. Now fold the other half of the pastry over the filling. Seal along the edges with a fork. Pop the parcels on a baking tray with baking parchment and bake for about 20 minutes. If you want nice golden parcels, brush them with a bit of egg wash.
5. Rinse the lettuce and pop it in a bowl. Rinse and halve the tomatoes. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and dice the meat. Mix with olives and top with dressing of your choice.
6. Serve the crispy filo parcels with the yummy salad.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the ham filling. They can also seal the parcels with a fork and dice the avocado.