The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Grissini - homemade with wholewheat and thyme
( 26 )
- 100 mlcold water
- 50 mlboiling water
- 15 gramsyeast
- 1 tbspolive oil
- 0.5 tspsalt
- 1 tbspdried thyme
- 100 gramsrye flour
- 150 gramsplain flour
- baking parchment
About the recipe
Grissini make amazing snacks in packed lunches or sides for dinner. Here we've made some with rye flour and thyme. Enjoy!
1. Mix cold and boiling water in a bowl. Add crumbled yeast and stir well, until it's dissolved. Then add oil and salt.
2. Add thyme, rye flour and plain flour and knead the dough well, until supple. Add a bit more flour if the dough is a bit too tacky.
3. Let the dough rise under a cloth for about 30 minutes - meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190 degrees convection.
4. Split the dough into 8 sections. Pop some flour on the table and roll each section into thin strips, about 1 cm thick. Cut into approx. 20 cm sections - this makes 3 grissini for each of your 8 sections.
5. Place the grissini on a baking tray with baking parchment and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
6. Let cool and store in an airtight container.
7. Serve the grissini as snacks in packed lunches, on the go with a quick hummus or other dip - or as a side for dinner.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help make the dough, and roll it out into long grissini.