The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Grilled mince steaks with creamy potatoes and summer salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 700 gramspotatoes
- 1 onion
- 200 mlsingle cream 8%
- 250 mlmilk
- 1 egg
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 2 tspsalt
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- 400 gramsgreen beans
- 1 headcauliflower
- 2 nectarine- or peaches
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Mince steaks and creamy potatoes are perfect together! We've grilled the mince steaks, but you can happily cook them on a pan, if the weather isn't quite cooperating. We're serving the lot with a summer salad with beans, grilled cauliflower and nectarines. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan assisted.
2. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Finely dice the onion. Whisk cream, milk, egg, grated cheese, salt and some pepper together well in a bowl. Now use your hands to mix potato slices, cheesy cream and onion in a large bowl, and pour it into an oiled casserole dish.
3. Bake the potatoes for about 35 minutes, or until nice and golden on top and tender when poked with a fork.
4. Shape your mince steaks like extra thick patties, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks if the weather agrees - if not, fry them on a pan instead.
5. If using fresh beans, blanch them for about 30 seconds in a pot of rolling boiling water, immediately rinse with cold water and let drip off. If using frozen, simply thaw by pouring boiling water over them.
6. Pick medium sized florets off the cauliflower and rinse them. Rinse nectarines and slice them to roughly 2-4 cm thickness. Give cauliflower and nectarines a quick go on the grill for a bit of colour, or fry on a pan on a bit of oil for about 5 minutes. Mix the lot with dressing of your choice.
7. Serve the grilled mince steaks with creamy potatoes and the yummy summer salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice the potatoes. They can also help slice cauliflower and fruit.