The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Grill skewers with barbecue pork and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 green bell pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 2 peaches or nectarines
- 100 gramsblueberries
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- 500 gramspork chops
- 25 mlolive oil
- 0.5 tbspacacia honey*
- 0.5 lemon
- 1 tbspsweet mustard
- 0.5 wholewheat baguette
- barbecue marinade
- wooden skewers
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Grill skewers are gorgeous, the kids have fun eating them, and you can use all manner of meat and veg. Here we've used chunks of pork chops brushed with barbecue marinade, and served the skewers with a tasty kid-friendly salad. Enjoy!
1. Fire up the grill - or preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection, if the weather isn't putting its most grill friendly foot forward.
2. Rinse, clean and roughly dice the bell pepper.
3. Rinse and clean the other fruit and veg. Halve the cherry tomatoes, cut the cucumber into bite-sized chunks, dice the avocado and cut the peach into wedges. Toss with blueberries and feta and spread the avocado on top. You can mix the avocado in with everything else, but if it's a soft avocado it can make the salad a bit mushy.
4. Dice the pork chops and skewer them with a piece of bell pepper between each piece of meat. Season the skewers with salt and pepper and chuck them on the grill or in the oven for 10-20 minutes, until cooked through. This will depend on the thickness of the meat. Remember to turn the skewers once while they cook.
5. A few minutes before the skewers are done, brush them with barbecue sauce on all sides. Let them finish on the grill or in the oven with the baguette.
6. Drizzle the salad with a quick dressing of olive oil, honey, lemon, sweet mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve along with the warm baguette as sides for the skewers.
If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in a bit of water before you put on the meat and peppers - or wrap a bit of tin foil around the ends. This will keep them from catching fire on the grill.