The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Greek meatballs with taco salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- 1 egg
- 0.5 bunchparsley
- 150 gramsfeta cubes
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tomato
- 25 mlolive oil
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 0.5 lemon
- 1 wholewheat baguette
- 2 wholewheat tortillas
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A tasty take on the classic meatballs. Here with feta, garlic and oregano and served with a yummy salad with crispy tacos made from wholewheat tortillas. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Mix the meat with egg, rinsed and chopped parsley, half of the feta (crumbled), oregano, finely chopped garlic and salt and pepper. You can use your hands - it's a bit easier. Make a little "test-ball", cook on the pan and taste to check if it's how you like it.
3. Shape nice little meatballs from the farce and pop them on a baking tray with baking parchment. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they're cooked through. Remove from the oven, and optionally sear them quickly on the pan in a bit of olive oil to give them a nice sear crust.
4. While the meatballs are in the oven, halve and de-seed the cucumber, and slice the way you like it the best. Roughly dice the tomatoes, and mix with the cucumber and rest of the feta. Drizzle with a quick dressing of olive oil, honey, lemon juice and some salt and pepper.
5. Cut the tortillas into small triangles and fry them crispy in a good dash of olive oil on a pan or in a pot. If you have frying or rapeseed oil, use that. Mix the crispy tortillas with the salad and serve with the meatballs, wholewheat baguette and optionally a sprinkle of parsley on top.