The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Greek casserole with beef and potatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 2 red onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 400 gramsbeef mince
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 100 gramsfeta cubes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This dish is super easy - and our kids love it. We hope yours do too! Beef mince, potatoes, bell pepper and onion, baked in the oven and topped with feta. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection. Scrub or peel the potatoes, then halve them.
2. Peel and roughly dice the carrots. Rinse the bell pepper and cut into smaller chunks. Chop the onion and save half for the sauce. Finely chop the garlic, and mix with the other half of the onion, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and a dash of olive oil in a baking tray or casserole tin. Then pop it in the oven!
3. Sautée the remaining onion in some olive oil and paprika for a couple of minutes, then add mince and oregano and sear well. Add chopped tomatoes, and let simmer for a few minutes.
4. Season the meat sauce with salt and pepper, pour it over the potatoes in the oven and top with feta. Let bake for another 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are nice and golden.
5. Serve with a sprinkle of herbs as a garnish, if you have some to hand.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel the carrots. They can also cut the bell peppers, and help taste the meat sauce.