The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Greek beef and potato dish
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 red onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 400 gramsbeef mince
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 100 gramsfeta cubes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This dish is super easy – and our kids love it. Hopefully yours will too! Beef mince, potatoes, bell pepper and onion, baked in the oven and topped with feta. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees fan assisted. Scrub or peel the potatoes and halve them.
2. Peel and roughly dice carrots. Rinse and cut the bell pepper. Chop the onion and split into two piles. Save one half for the meat sauce.
3. Finely chop the garlic and mix with the other half of the onion, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and a dash of olive oil in an oven dish. Bake for about 15 minutes, while you get stuck in to the meat sauce.
4. Sweat the remaining onion along with paprika in some olive oil in a deep pan or pot for a few minutes.
5. Add beef mince and oregano and sear the lot well. Add chopped tomatoes and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
6. Season the meat sauce with salt and pepper, pour over the potatoes in the oven and top with feta. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are golden.
7. Serve with a sprinkle of herbs on top, if you have some handy. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel the carrots. They can also cut the bell pepper and help taste the meat sauce.