The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Gratinated baked potatoes with ham filling
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 4 baking potatoes
- 150 mlcreme fraiche 18%
- 2 tskpdried thyme
- 1 clovegarlic
- 200 gramsham strips
- 1 egg
- 100 gramsgrated cheese
- 4 slicebrown bread
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 stickscelery*
- 200 gramsfresh peas
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Gratinated baked potatoes are a huge hit in our house! This version tastes a bit akin to pizza with ham and cheese, and makes for a perfect lunch the next day. Here we've served them with snack veggies and toasted brown bread. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection. Wash the potatoes, rub a bit of olive oil on the peels and bake in the oven until they're tender when poked with a fork. This will take approx. 40-60 minutes.
2. Remove the potatoes from the oven and cut in half - use a dishcloth, as they'll be VERY hot. Scoop out the potato with a spoon and place the potato insides in a bowl. Remember to save the half potato shells for later.
3. Mash the potato insides with a fork until it has the consistency of mash. Add creme fraiche, thyme and pressed garlic and mix well. Add ham - if the strips are large, you can cut them into smaller pieces with a knife. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and finally add the egg and mix everything well.
4. Stuff the potato mix into the half potato shells, and place on a baking tray with baking parchment. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until golden on top.
5. Meanwhile, toast the brown bread and cut into sticks. Clean and rinse the bell pepper and celery and cut both into sticks for snack veg. Place the peas in a small bowl.
6. Dinner is served - enjoy!
If you have leftover potatoes, save them for lunch tomorrow - it's super tasty. Or make a few extra especially for that!