The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Fresh spring rolls with pork chops and lots of veg
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 200 gramswholewheat noodles
- 2 cooked pork chops
- 1 tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tbspsweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime
- lettuce of your choice
- 0.5 cucumber
- 2 apples
- 1 red bell pepper
- 125 gramsgrated carrot
- 1 avocado
- rice paper
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Today we've whipped up an easy dinner using yesterday's pork chops, which we're serving in fresh spring rolls with noodles and lots of veg, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!
1. Cook noodles according to the packet, let drip off and then rinse with cold water.
2. Cut cooked pork chops into strips – you can choose to serve them cold, or flash fried on a pan. Toss the strips with soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and a bit of lime juice. Save some lime for later.
3. Rinse the lettuce. Wash cucumber and apple and clean the bell pepper. Cut the lot into thin strips and sticks and place on the table in small bowls along with grated carrot.
4. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and slice the avocado meat. Drizzle with some lime juice to keep it from browning.
5. Fill a dish with cold water and add a dash of boiling, to make it lukewarm. Place on the table along with all of the fillings. Call the family to the table and start assembling your favourite rolls!
6. Soak a piece of rice paper in the water for 5-10 seconds. It's okay for it to still be a bit stiff when it hits the plate. Place your favourite fillings in the centre, fold the sides over and roll it up. Dip in soy and sweet chilli sauce. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: There's plenty of chopping to be done today, so let your kids help cut apple, cucumber and bell pepper – using a childsafe knife.