The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Fresh pasta with mushroom sauce, grilled courgette and peas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 courgette
- fresh pasta
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 clovegarlic
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano- or thyme
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 200 gramsfresh peas- or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper
- 50 gramsgrated parmesan
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've whipped up a super tasty and easy vegetarian dish with plenty of umami, courtesy of sautéed mushrooms and grilled courgette. We're serving the lot with fresh pasta and mushroom sauce. Enjoy!
1. Rinse the courgette, and cut into slices about 1 cm thick. Brush the slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on the grill or a pan, until browned on the outside and soft on the inside. This takes about 10 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
3. Thoroughly clean the mushrooms and sautée in olive oil. Add single cream, pressed garlic, oregano or thyme and crumbled stock cube.
4. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes or five. Add a dash of water if needed, if the sauce has gotten a bit thick. Season with salt and pepper.
5. If using frozen peas, pour over some boiling water to thaw. Rinse and dice the bell pepper, and cut up the cooked courgette slices.
6. Serve the fresh pasta topped with yummy mushroom sauce, peas, grilled courgette, bell pepper and parmesan.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids cut the mushrooms. They can also slice and dice the courgette and bell pepper - just have them use a child safe knife. The kids can also help stir the mushroom sauce while it simmers.