The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Fishcakes with potato wedges and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 750 gramspotatoes
- 400 gramsfish farce
- 100 gramssliced pickle
- 200 mlskyr*
- 50 mlmayonnaise
- 1 tbspsweet mustard
- 2 tomato
- 0.5 cucumber
- 200 gramsfrozen peas
- 100 gramsfeta cubes
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Fishcakes are a family favourite - and hopefully this Danish take will go down just as well - and potato wedges are a Friday night classic! We've served the lot with tartar sauce for dipping and a yummy salad. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection.
2. Clean potatoes and cut into wedges. Place on a baking tray with baking parchment and season with your choice of spices and seasoning - such as paprika, oregano and salt and pepper, or whatever you have to hand - and a good dash of olive oil. Bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until beautifully golden and crispy. Remember to flip them halfway through cooking.
3. Dip a spoon in a cup of water and shape lovely little fish cakes from the farce using the spoon and palm of your hand. Cook in a mix of butter and olive oil on a pan, until they have a nice, golden and crispy surface. Remember to flip the fishcakes frequently, so they don't go black.
4. Make a quick tartar sauce by mixing chopped, sliced pickle with skyr, mayonnaise and sweet mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Blanch the peas with boiling water. Rinse and dice tomatoes and cucumber. Mix the veggies with feta and top with dressing of your choice.
6. Serve the fishcakes with the baked potato wedges, tartar sauce, lemon wedges and salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the family: Let your kids help mix the tartar sauce and cut tomatoes and cucumber.