The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Fishcakes with cheese-stuffed potato cakes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsbaking potato
- 400 gramscarrots*
- 2 apples
- 2 orange
- 400 gramsfish farce
- 1 egg
- 20 gramscorn flour
- 1 ballmozzarella
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
These cheese-stuffed little potato cakes are a dream. We're serving them with classic Danish fishcakes and a fresh fruit salad. We've used store bought fish farce, but if you fancy making your own, click the chefs' hat in the ingredient list. Enjoy!
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into smaller pieces - they'll cook faster. Cook until soft when poked with a fork, then drain the water - this takes 10-15 minutes or so.
2. Meanwhile, peel the carrots and grate on the rough side of a grater. Rinse and cut the apple, peel and cut the orange. Mix the lot into an easy and fresh fruit salad.
3. Mash the cooked potatoes with a fork or masher, add egg, corn flour, salt and pepper, and mix into an even mass. Shape into 8 balls (for two adults and two kids), then press them flat (to about 10 cm in diameter) - be careful, they can be hot.
4. Pop mozzarella in the centre of half of the potato circles, keeping the edges bare. Carefully place the cheese-less circles on top, and seal the edges well with your fingers. Cook on a pan of olive oil and for about 15 minutes, flipping about halfway through.
5. Dip a spoon in a cup of water, and shape lovely little fishcakes from the farce with the spoon and palm of your hand. Fry in a mix of butter and olive oil on a pan, until nicely golden and crispy. Flip them frequently.
6. Serve the fishcakes and stuffed potato cakes with the fruit salad and pickles - and enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the family: Let your kids help peel and cut the potatoes. They can also peel the carrots and cut the apple, as well as add the mozzarella to the potato cakes.