The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Falafel wraps with a world of veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramsfalafels
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 200 mlskyr*
- 0.5 bunchchives
- 0.25 tbspgarlic powder
- 1 avocado
- lettuce of your choice
- 6 wholewheat tortillas
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Falafels are a great way to introduce the kids to vegetarian meals. They're akin to nicely seasoned meatballs, with a super yummy breading that most kids will love. Here we're serving falafels in wraps with veggies and a chive dressing. Enjoy!
1. Cook the falafels according to the packet - or click the little chefs' hat in the ingredient list to get the recipe for our homemade version. In that case, don't forget to adjust your shopping list.
2. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Wash and cut the cucumber into bite-sized chunks. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut into strips.
3. Mix skyr (or creme fraiche) along with chopped chives, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
4. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and slice the meat. We suggest drizzling with a bit of lemon juice here, to stop the avocado browning. Rinse the lettuce and place everything on the table in small bowls, or plate everything on a large tray.
5. Heat the tortillas on a pan or in the oven.
6. Now it's time for everyone to assemble their own favourite wrap.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: There's plenty of chopping to be done today, so let your kids help with tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and avocado. But remember to watch their little fingers and have them use a child-friendly knife.