The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Falafel bowl with pitas and veggies
( 2 2 adults and 2 kids og 2 børn )
- 600 gramsfalafels
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 spring onions
- lettuce of your choice
- 20 gramssesame seeds
- 6 wholewheat pitabreads
- dressing of your choice
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Falafels are brilliant for getting veggies into the kids! They'll barely even notice the vegetables, just the crunchy, fried goodness. For this recipe, everyone in the family will assemble their own little "bowl", with pitabreads on the side. But you can of course stuff the falafels and veggies into the pitas - that's entirely up to you. Enjoy!
1. Cook the falafels according to the packet - or click the chefs' hat in the ingredient list to get the recipe for our homemade version.
2. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Wash the cucumber and chop it into little chunks. Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut into strips. Chop tops and bottoms off the spring onion and cut the rest into rings. Rinse the lettuce. Plate the lot in small bowls, or all together on a tray.
3. Roast the sesame seeds on a dry pan and let cool on a plate, once they've browned a bit and 'popped'.
4. Toast the pitabreads on a toaster or in the oven. Cut the into triangles, or halve them if you want to fill them.
5. Let everyone around the table assemble their favourite bowl in soup bowls - it's such a nice time! Serve with guacamole, dressing of your choice, and pitas on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: There's plenty of chopping to do today, so let your kids help chop tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper and spring onion. But make sure they watch their fingers, and use a child-safe knife.