The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Easy vegetable pasta with grated cheese
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 packetfresh wholewheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 2 tbspred pesto
- 100 mlwater
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 140 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 100 gramsgrated cheese
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here you'll get the recipe for a tasty and super quick dish with pasta and loads of yummy veggies. We're serving the dish with grated cheese on top - use whatever kind of cheese you like. Such as a hard cheese like a grana padano, which is akin to parmesan, but quite a lot cheaper. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Finely dice onion and garlic and sautée for a couple of minutes in some olive oil in a deep pan or pot. Pick the cauliflower into little florets. Peel carrots and grate them on the fine side of a grater. Add both to the pot with chopped tomatoes, pesto, water and vegetable stock.
3. Finally, add sweetcorn and let the lot simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the yummy veggie medley with pasta and grated parmesan (or whatever you like!) on top.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rinse the cauliflower and pick off the little florets. They can also help taste-test the sauce.
If you have some lying about, we suggest topping with fresh cherry tomatoes - it's delish.