The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Easy pasta with bacon, broccoli and peas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 headbroccoli
- 200 gramsdiced bacon
- 200 gramsfrozen peas
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 tbspdried oregano- or thyme
- wholewheat baguette
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pasta is a staple in most families, and so is bacon! So the mitigating circumstances considered, it suddenly becomes a lot easier to get broccoli and peas into the youngest family members. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse the broccoli and split into florets.
3. Cook the bacon in a dry pot until crispy. Add onion, garlic and broccoli and let it cook in the bacon fat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add frozen peas, single cream, dried oregano or thyme and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Warm the bread in the oven or toast in a toaster.
6. Serve the pasta dish in deep plates, with warm bread on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids split the broccoli into florets, and help with tasting the dish.