The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Easy ovenbaked meatballs with pasta salad and hummus
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 bunchparsley
- 1 egg
- 200 mlmilk
- 500 gramspork mince
- 2 tspsalt
- 25 gramsbreadcrumbs
- wholewheat pasta
- 0.5 cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocado
- 100 gramsolives
- dressing of your choice
- beet hummus
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This one's a definite winner - ovenbaked meatballs (or frikadeller, if you want to do it proper Danish!) served with a pasta salad full of good stuff. And hummus for dipping - click the chefs' hat and make your own, or simply buy a tub. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Quarter the onion and give it a spin in a mini chopper along with half of the rinsed parsley (save the rest for the pasta salad), egg and milk. Stir the onion mix into the pork mince, along with salt and breadcrumbs, until it has the consistency of thick porridge. If it's too thin and runny, add a dash of flour, and if too thick, add another dash of milk.
3. Shape small frikadelles from the farce, and place them on a baking tray with baking parchment. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet. When cooked, rinse with cold water and leave to drip off.
5. Rinse cucumber and tomatoes and cut both into bite-sized chunks. Split the avocado, remove the stone and dice the flesh. You can drizzle with a bit of lemon to prevent browning. Mix the veggies with pasta, olives, the remaining parsley (chopped) and dressing of your choice.
6. Serve the yummy meatballs with pasta salad and hummus dip.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up cucumber and tomatoes. They can also help dice the avocado.