The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Easy fishcakes with fresh pasta and tomato sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 gramfish farce
- 1 onion
- 0.5 tspgarlic powder
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 canchopped tomatoes- with herbs/spices
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 100 mlwater
- 1 packetfresh pasta
- 0.5 cucumber
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
As good as a modern classic: Fishcakes with fresh pasta and tomato sauce - with cherry tomatoes and cucumber sticks as snack veggies. The recipe is extra simple, so the kids can have their very own cooking day. Enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees fan assisted.
2. Begin with shaping your fishcakes from the farce. Heat up a pan with a nice knob of butter and a dash of olive oil. Dip a spoon in a cup of water and shape some lovely little fishcakes using the spoon and palm of your hand. Fry the fishcakes in the butter and oil until they have a nice, golden and crispy sear on all sides. Finish them in the oven for 5-10 minutes - either in an oven safe pan or something like a casserole dish.
3. Peel the onion and give it a spin in a mini chopper, or dice it using your favourite knife. Sweat it in some oil in a pot for a couple of minutes.
4. Add garlic powder, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, stock cube and water. Let simmer until the pasta is cooked - and remember to stir as you go. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook the pasta according to the packet. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, you might want to mix in a little bit of olive oil, to prevent the worst of the sticking. Rinse cucumber and cherry tomatoes and cut the cucumber into sticks.
6. Serve the fishcakes with the pasta, tomato sauce, snack veggies and an optional herb garnish, such as basil or parsley.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help shape the fishcakes. They can also stir the sauce and cut the cucumber sticks.