The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Easy fish pasta with kid friendly mornay sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 225 gramswhite fish
- 2 tbspplain flour
- lettuce of your choice
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocado
- dressing of your choice
- 200 mlmornay sauce
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 50 gramsgrated parmesan- or other cheese
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super tasty and easy spot of dinner with fish, in very kid friendly form! Mild fish bits mixed with pasta and mornay sauce, and served with a quick salad. Enjoy!
1. Cook pasta according to the packet.
2. Cut the thawed fish into bite-sized pieces. Coat in a mix of flour, salt and pepper and sautée in a bit of olive oil on a pan, while carefully flipping them. Remove the fish from the pan and set aside.
3. Rinse the lettuce and tomatoes and cut both into bite-sized chunks. Split the avocado, remove the pit and dice the meat. Mix with dressing of your choice.
4. Heat up the mornay sauce in a saucepan, add oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper. Carefully mix in the sauce with pasta and fish bits.
5. Serve the pasta topped with parmesan - and with lemon slices and salad on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the fish bits with flour, salt and pepper. They can also cut avocado and tomatoes.
If you have leftover mornay sauce, save the rest for our yummy lasagne with leftover con carne.