The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Easy baked root veggies with bacon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 kgmixed root vegetables
- 0.5 hokkaido pumpkin
- 600 gramspotatoes
- 200 gramsdiced bacon
- 1 tbspfresh thyme- or dried
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 0.5 bunchparsley- or basil
- 300 mlcreme fraiche 18%
- 4 slicerye bread
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It sounds simple, and it is - but it's also delicious! Root veg and potatoes in the oven are a surefire hit in our house, and when we add a handful of bacon, it goes down even better. We're serving the lot with a quick parsley dressing and toasted brown bread. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection.
2. Peel and cut root veg, pumpkin and potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Place on a baking tray with baking parchment and mix with bacon, thyme and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, you can fix the creme fraiche dressing and toast the brown bread.
4. Rinse parsley or basil, very finely chop it and mix it with creme fraiche. If your kids like garlic, you can add some, finely chopped or pressed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the crispy root veg with dressing to dip and toasted rye or brown bread. Super simple and mega tasty - enjoy!
These days, there's a wealth of options when it comes to mixed root veggies. We've bought a mixed bag - it's dead easy. You can use the frozen kind, the fresh mix - or mix and prep your very own selection of root veg.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: If you go with fresh root veggies, there'll be plenty of opportunity to train the kids on using the peeler. Otherwise, they can help mix the dressing.