The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Doner with chicken and creme fraiche dressing
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- Chicken filling
- 1 tspcumin
- 1 tspdried coriander
- 1 tspcurry
- 450 gramschicken fillet
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 tbspolive oil
- 0.5 tspsalt
- 70 gramslettuce mix
- 0.5 cucumber
- 400 gramsgrated carrot
- 1 clovegarlic
- 200 mlcreme fraiche 18%
- 1 tbspketchup
- 8 flatbreads or tortillas
- tin foil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've made a super easy and flavourful chicken doner with veggies and creme fraiche dressing. We've used pre-cut veggies to make this recipe extra easy, so the kids can have a cooking day of their own - or assist mum and dad in the kitchen. Enjoy!
1. Roast cumin, coriander and curry on a dry pan, until it's nice and fragrant. Let the spices cool a bit while you prep the chicken.
2. Finely dice the meat. Remember to always wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat - and keep it separate from the veggies.
3. Mix the spices with diced chicken, pressed garlic, olive oil and a pinch of salt in a freezer bag. Now massage your spice mix into the chicken and leave it to speed-marinate.
4. Cook the meat on a hot, dry pan - there's plenty of oil in our marinade. You want the meat cooked through, with a lil' sear. Set aside and cover with tin foil.
5. Rinse the lettuce if needed. Rinse and dice the cucumber - the easiest way is to halve the cucumber lengthways and place the flat side on the cutting board, so it doesn't roll. Plate lettuce, grated carrot and cucumber in small bowls.
6. Press garlic and mix well with creme fraiche and ketchup and season with salt and pepper.
7. Warm the flatbreads on a pan, in the oven or microwave and place all of your ingredients on the table in small bowls. Let the family assemble their own favourite wraps.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help marinate the chicken. They can also cut the cucumber and make the dressing.