The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Creamy pasta salad with smoked salmon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 gramswholewheat penne
- 250 mlcreme fraiche 9%
- 0.5 clovegarlic
- 200 gramsgreen beans
- 250 gramsfrozen peas- or fresh
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 250 gramscherry tomatoes
- 125 gramshot smoked salmon
- 1 wholewheat baguette
- 1 lemon
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super easy spot of dinner with pasta, salmon, dressing, plenty of veg - and served with a wholewheat baguette. You can either mix the lot together for a pasta salad, or plate all the ingredients in small bowls, so the family can assemble their own favourite versions. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet and blanch with cold water.
2. Mix creme fraiche with pressed garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Thaw beans and peas - either in the fridge, if you have plenty of time, in the microwave or under running cold water if you're in more of a rush. Or shell the peas if you're using the fresh kind. Pat dry with a clean dishcloth.
4. Peel the carrots and grate on the rough side of a grater. Rinse and halve the tomatoes.
5. Split the salmon into small chunks and mix everything, or plate in small bowls.
6. Serve the lot with a warm baguette and sliced lemon on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut the tomatoes and peel the carrots. They can also mix the dressing.