The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Courgette spaghetti with chicken and pesto
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 50 gramspumpkin seeds
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 150 gramswholewheat spaghetti
- 1 clovegarlic
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- 150 gramssundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 courgette
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
If you cut the courgette into spaghetti strips and mix with regular wholewheat spaghetti, it suddenly becomes way more fun to eat vegetables. Enjoy!
1. Roast the pumpkin seeds on a dry pan and set aside. Then cook the chicken fillets on the pan in a bit of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Blend garlic, feta and sundried tomatoes, oil dripped off, in a blender or mini chopper, until it has the consistency of pesto. If it's too thick and tough, you can add a dash of olive oil, or whey from the feta.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Wash the courgette and run it through a spiraliser, which you can find in most homeware shops. If you don't have one, you can easily make the courgette spaghetti anyway. First, very thinly slice the courgette lengthways. Place the slices on top of eachother and cut into thin strips like spaghetti.
4. Rip up the chicken and mix with courgette, spaghetti and pesto. Sprinkle with roast pumpkin seeds and optionally a sprinkle of herbs, if you have any.