The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Cornflake-coated nuggets - served with orange sauce and rice
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 200 gramscornflakes
- 1 egg
- 400 gramschicken mini fillets
- 200 mlorange juice
- 1 tbspsoy sauce
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 1 tbspbalsamic vinegar
- 1 tbspsesame oil
- 50 mlwater
- 2 cmfresh ginger
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- corn flour
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Nuggets are a top-tier favourite here at Mambeno - especially this version, coated in crushed cornflakes and baked in the oven - totally deep fryer free! We're serving the nuggets with a yummy orange sauce, rice and snack veggies. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection, and cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Pop cornflakes in a bag and run a rolling pin or glass bottle over it. Or you can pour it into a bowl and crush them with your hands. Mix the cornflakes with salt and pepper and pour onto a flat plate. Beat the egg in a deep plate.
3. Cut the chicken mini fillets into nugget-sized chunks, then first coat in the egg, then the crushed cornflakes.
4. Pop the nuggets on a sheet pan lined with baking parchment, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
5. Mix orange juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, water and grated ginger in a pot. Bring to the boil, and thicken with some corn flour stirred into water. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Peel the carrots, rinse the cucumber and cut both into sticks for snack veggies.
7. Serve the yummy nuggets with rice, snack veggies and the tasty orange sauce. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids crush the cornflakes in a bag or bowl - it's so much fun! They can also happily cut snack veggies. Do remember to save a nugget or two for the kids' packed lunches - if there's any left over, that is!