The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Cod with spelt salad and lemon dressing
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramspearled spelt or rice
- 300 gramsfrozen beans
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunchparsley
- 100 gramsgreen olives
- 1 clovegarlic
- 400 gramscod loins- or cod filllet
- 0.5 organic lemon
- 300 mlcreme fraiche 18%
- olive oil
- plain flour
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Both pearled spelt and cod are mild in flavour, and as such, perfect for kids. Here we've jazzed up this treat with beans, tomatoes and olives and served it with an easy lemon and garlic dressing. If you can't find pearled spelt at the supermarket, you can also just use wholegrain rice. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pearled spelt according to the packet and blanch with cold water when done.
2. Briefly bring the beans to the boil in salted water, then blanch those as well. Rinse and quarter the tomatoes. Clean and dice the bell pepper.
3. Mix the veggies with pearled spelt, rinsed and chopped parsley or other herbs you have in stock, and the green olives, if the kids are on board with that sort. Otherwise, they're thankfully easy to pick out.
4. Press the garlic and rub a bit of it on the cod fillets with a finger. Coat the fillets in some flour and cook in a dash of olive oil and some butter on a pan - remember to season with salt and pepper. Run your pan a bit back and forth, and remember to carefully flip the cod when it lets go of the pan and has a bit of a sear. When the fish splits into layers when lightly pressed with a fork, it's done.
5. Mix lemon zest and some more pressed garlic with creme fraiche. Season to taste with a bit of salt, and you've got an easy and delicious dip.
6. Serve the cod fillets with the spelt salad and dip - enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut tomatoes and bell pepper. They can also zest the lemon on the fine side of a grater. But remember to watch their fingers!