The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Cod pot with chorizo, bell pepper and potatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 3 mixed bell peppers
- 650 gramsbaby potatoes
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 80 gramssliced chorizo
- 1 tbsppaprika
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 600 mlwater
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 0.5 tbspdried thyme
- 225 gramscod fillet
- 1 organic lemon
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super yummy ragout-ish pot with cod, chorizo, potatoes, bell pepper and carrots. The lot cosies up in a pot with cream (fat percentage of your choosing – depending on mood and season...) and lemon to taste. Enjoy!
1. Finely chop the onion. Rinse and clean bell peppers and cut into strips. Wash and halve the potatoes. Peel and slice carrots.
2. Sear chorizo in some olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and bell pepper and sweat for a few minutes with paprika.
3. Add tomato purée, water, cream, stock cube, thyme, potatoes and carrots. Bring to the boil, gently stir, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes – stirring here and there.
4. Meanwhile, cut up the cod fillets into smaller chunks and gently place into the pot. Pop the lid on and let simmer until the potatoes are tender and the fish cooked through.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and the juice from a lemon, and serve in deep plates. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the family: Let your kids help cut bell peppers and potatoes.
Even more flavour: If you have red pesto knocking about, add a tablespoon or two.